Ever walked into a cosmetic store looking for makeup brushes? Unless you are a pro makeup artist, make-up brush shopping can be extremely overwhelming! With so many different brushes, all differing in size and shape it’s hard to determine which brushes you actually need and which ones are going to help you create the look you want. If you are a simple, casual girl like me, and want to look good without spending big bucks or numerous hours on your make-up, there is no need for a gazillion different make-up brushes. A few essential brushes are all you need to pull off your daily look as well as your glammed up look!
Essentials for your Eyebrows
1. Angled Eyebrow Brush:
The short, stiff bristles make this brush perfect for precise eye shadow application on the eyebrow. When purchasing one make sure the brush is angled and firm as that is what enables you to accurately outline and define the shape of your eyebrows. The density and stiffness of an angled eyebrow brush also makes it ideal for picking up eye shadow and filling in your brows.
2. Brow Brush:
This toothbrush like tool is great for taming and grooming your brows! The thick bristles also allows you to blend out any heavily deposited eye shadows and harsh lines that were created during the outline and filling process. Many brow brushes will come with a comb like tool attached on the other side. This side of the brush is great for combing out any mascara clumps in your lashes!
Essentials for your Face
1. Foundation Brush: This perfectly tapered brush is an absolutely must for applying cream or liquid foundations! The densely packed bristles and tapered shape enables a smooth, even finish for great coverage and flawless looking skin.
2. Concealer Brush: This brush looks exactly like a foundation brush, except a lot smaller! The small size and firmness of the bristles enables you to precisely cover tiny trouble spots without over working or over blending your concealer. It is also a great tool for highlighting the corner of your eyes and applying your favorite shades of eyeshadow along your lower lash line.
3. Blush Brush: We all know how big of a difference a little bit of blush and contouring can do for our face! That being said, it’s important to have the correct applicator for this! The round, tapered bristles are perfect for contouring and blending any loose or pressed powders without leaving any harsh edges! When shopping for a blush brush, make sure the bristles are soft and densely packed for a natural, flawless finish.
4. Powder Brush: A powder brush is going to look like a blush brush except thicker and bigger in size! The soft, densely packed brush is perfect for setting loose powders to give your face an even, matte finish. The large size of the brush ensures a natural flawless look free of heavy deposits.
5. Lip Lining Brush: The lip brush is going to look similar to your concealer brush, except with a slightly more tapered point. The pointier tip and small size of the brush gives you full control for precise application of colour and lining! When purchasing one I recommend a retractable lip brush, so you can carry it around with you for on-the-go touch ups!
Essentials for your Eyes
1. Eyeshadow Brush: This tapered, flat brush is used for applying your base and mid colour to your eyelids. The brush is small enough to enable precise colour placement, and just big enough to blend and apply colour without over depositing.
2. Eyeshadow Brush for the Crease: This soft, oval shaped brush allows for perfect application of mid to darker tones of eyeshadow into the crease of your eyelids. The highly tapered shape enables you to add colour and define your crease, while the soft bristles allow for seamless blending!
3. Blending Eyeshadow Brush: This brush is going to look very similar to your eyeshadow brush, but bigger and softer. This tapered brush should be used to blend out any harsh lines or edges created when using more than one colour of eyeshadow. The soft, densely packed bristles will give you a smooth transition from one colour to the next.
Ladies, makeup brush shopping doesn’t have to be so overwhelming. All you really need is 10 multiuse brushes to create any look you desire! Don’t let the wide selection of different makeup tools fluster you! Remember the basics you need, and find one with a handle you feel most comfortable maneuvering! Good luck on your quest for the perfect beauty tools!